No Insurance? No problem! Join our Smile Club Insurance today, and get started with no waiting period Learn More
Dental Checkup In San Antonio, TX 78201
Dental checkups should be an essential part of your health care plan. Whether you’re young or old, it’s important to prioritize preventative care for your mouth and teeth. Visiting your dentist at least once a year allows them to monitor any changes in your oral health, providing treatments for more serious issues before they fully develop. At RIO Dental in San Antonio, Texas, we understand the importance of dental checkups and make them as convenient and comfortable as possible. Our appointments usually last 45 minutes, so you can have routine cleanings and exams, if necessary, x-rays or fluoride treatments – all while ensuring your mouth stays healthy! Please schedule an appointment with us today, and let us take proper care of your mouth!
How often Should I Get A Dental Checkup?
When it comes to maintaining your oral health, regular dental checkups are a must. The American Dental Association recommends getting a dental checkup once yearly to ensure your teeth and gums remain healthy. A yearly visit can make all the difference when preventing cavities, erosion of enamel, and other issues. For top-notch care in San Antonio, Texas, visit RIO Dental for all your dental checkup needs – their team is always ready to greet you with warm service and exceptional quality!
What Happens During A Dental Checkup?
Several things occur during a routine dental checkup. Let’s lay them out step by step!
- You arrive and are taken back to the procedure room by a dental assistant.
- You sit in a reclined chair, and the dental assistant sets you up for your exam.
- Typically, the dental assistant is who conducts the exam, not your dentist (this is perfectly safe and what they are trained to do!)
- During the exam, your dental assistant will first look at the overall health of your teeth and gums.
- Then, they will take an electric toothbrush with a small brush head and gently clean each tooth. They may do this twice. You will rinse out your mouth every so often.
- Next, they will floss between each tooth, removing any excess plaque.
- You will then rinse out your mouth again, and your dentist will check for cavities or signs of gum disease now that your mouth is clean. They may also check out your tongue.
- Once done, your dentist will examine your mouth to ensure nothing was missed during the exam!
- If the dentist requests, you may have an x-ray or a fluoride treatment done.
- Then you get a sticker and/or a new toothbrush!
If you’re looking for a reliable, expert dental clinic in San Antonio, Texas, look no further than Rio Dental. Our experienced dentists and hygienists offer our patients the best quality care with the latest technology. Whether you need a general checkup or more advanced dental procedures, you can find top-quality service at Rio Dental. Our diverse team and compassionate approach mean that we can cater to your individual needs in an environment you feel comfortable in. We invite you to visit us soon – your smile is worth it!