Dental Checkup In San Antonio, TX 78201
Several things occur during a routine dental checkup. Let’s lay them out step by step!
- You arrive and are taken back to the procedure room by a dental assistant.
- You sit in a reclined chair, and the dental assistant sets you up for your exam.
- Typically, the dental assistant is who conducts the exam, not your dentist (this is perfectly safe and what they are trained to do!)
- During the exam, your dental assistant will first look at the overall health of your teeth and gums.
- Then, they will take an electric toothbrush with a small brush head and gently clean each tooth. They may do this twice. You will rinse out your mouth every so often.
- Next, they will floss between each tooth, removing any excess plaque.
- You will then rinse out your mouth again, and your dentist will check for cavities or signs of gum disease now that your mouth is clean. They may also check out your tongue.
- Once done, your dentist will examine your mouth to ensure nothing was missed during the exam!
- If the dentist requests, you may have an x-ray or a fluoride treatment done.
- Then you get a sticker and/or a new toothbrush!
If you’re looking for a reliable, expert dental clinic in San Antonio, Texas, look no further than Rio Dental. Our experienced dentists and hygienists offer our patients the best quality care with the latest technology. Whether you need a general checkup or more advanced dental procedures, you can find top-quality service at Rio Dental. Our diverse team and compassionate approach mean that we can cater to your individual needs in an environment you feel comfortable in. We invite you to visit us soon – your smile is worth it!