Gum Disease Therapy In San Antonio, TX 78201
If you are one of the millions of Americans who suffer from gum disease, then you know how important it is to seek treatment as soon as possible. Gum disease therapy is a common and effective way to treat this condition and help you get your oral health back on track. Here’s what you need to know about gum disease therapy.
Gum disease, also known as periodontal disease, is a serious infection affecting the tissue and bone supporting your teeth. Gum disease therapy is a treatment plan prescribed by your dentist to help control or reverse gum disease.
If you are diagnosed with gum disease, it is important to seek treatment right away. Untreated gum disease can lead to tooth loss and other health problems. Your dentist will develop a personalized therapy plan for you based on the severity of your condition.
Anyone who has been diagnosed with gum disease needs gum disease therapy. The sooner you begin treatment, the better your chances of reversing the infection and preserving your oral health. Treatment may require regular visits to your dentist, as well as home care instructions. Following your dentist’s instructions is key to getting the most out of your gum disease therapy.
The cost of gum disease therapy can vary depending on the severity of the condition and the type of treatment that is required. In most cases, however, the cost will be relatively affordable. Many insurance plans cover at least some of the cost of gum disease treatment, and government programs such as Medicaid may also provide coverage. The average cost of gum disease therapy is around $1,000.
There are a variety of therapies available for treating gum disease. Some common methods include:
- Dental cleanings and scaling: This is often the first line of treatment for gum disease. Scaling removes plaque and tartar from the teeth and gums, while dental cleanings help keep your teeth clean between visits to the dentist.
- Antibiotics: Antibiotics can help kill the bacteria that cause gum disease. They may be prescribed in combination with other therapies or on their own if the infection is mild.
- Surgery: In severe cases of gum disease, surgery may be necessary to remove infected tissue and bone. This can help restore the health of your gums and teeth.
- Bone grafts: If you lose bone due to gum disease, you may need a bone graft to replace the lost tissue. This can help keep your teeth in place and improve your overall oral health.
- Dental implants: If you lose teeth due to gum disease, you may need dental implants to replace them. Dental implants are a permanent solution that can help you restore your smile.
Gum disease therapy is an important procedure that can help people with gum disease get their health back on track. It is important to see a dentist who specializes in this type of therapy if you are suffering from gum disease, as they will be able to help you get the treatment you need.